On my recent trip to Brussels, I decided to book my transfer from the airport with Blacklane, a company that offers first class transfer services to more that 250 cities worldwide. I was landing at Charleroi airport that is almost an hour away from the centre of Brussels, and since I was in a hurry I didn’t want to take the public transport.
How to book an airport transfer with Blacklane Limousines
Booking your transfer is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes
- Go to https://www.blacklane.com/en, choose your pick up point, the arrival point and the date and time of your pick up. Press search.
- Here you will see the cars available and the price of the service. Select the one that suits your needs.
- Fill in your flight details, the time you want the car to pick you up ( I chose 15 minutes after my flight arrived so that I had time to take my checked -in luggage), your frequent miles programme and any other special requests you may have, for example, a child seat etc.
- If you have already have an account you can log in; otherwise, it will take you 1 minute to register.
- Fill in your credit card details.
- Check for the last time that your booking details are correct and press book now.
- You will immediately receive an email confirming your ride containing all the details of your booking.
- 2-3 days before your transfer you will receive a reminder email.
- The date of your transfer you will get an email and a message on the mobile number you have given with the name and telephone number of your driver.
- A final message will be sent once your driver arrives at the pick – up location.
The whole process is very easy to complete. Once you booked you have the right to amend your booking online or even cancel it, up to one hour prior to your pick- up.
My transfer from Brussels airport
As soon as we landed in Charleroi airport, we received a message with the name and telephone number of our driver. We picked up our luggage and headed towards our meeting point. Our driver was waiting for us, holding a card with my name. He took our luggage and escorted us to the car.
Our car was a luxurious black Mercedes with leather seats. We received a complimentary bottle of water along with Belgian chocolates. What a great way to start our trip! A free wi-fi service was also available and plugs to charge our phones.
The driver was professionally dressed, very polite and helpful. He answered all our questions about Brussels and he even offered to stop to Waterloo so that we can take a few photos as it was on our way!!
We arrived at our hotel within the designated time, stress-free and ready to explore the city.
We were very happy with our transfer with Blacklane. The online booking process was very easy. The car was luxurious, the ride was very smooth and we arrived on time at our destination. Our driver was very professional and helpful.
I would highly recommend Blacklane limousines if you want to avoid the hustle of using the public transport in a foreign city or if you are celebrating a special occasion.
Have you ever used Blacklane? How was your experience?
I was a guest of Blacklane but as always opinions are my own.